Re: [FWDLK] brake linings

I know I'm not the only one, with retrofitted 11x3" Bendix "Duo-Servo"
brakes, on my car (with 225/75R14 tires)

BOY, I wish I had anti-lock brakes on Horace, cause I CAN lock-up my
wheels--& each time
I have, I have been able to modulate the brake pressure, to control the
stopping ability.

My 11x3" DRUM brakes stop Horrie BETTER than the all-4 wheel discs, on
my 96 Grand Cherokee, or my 86 LeBaron GTS, @ least initially, up to , I
dunno, 40 mph?

The drums (thanx to the "shoe-sliding"/camming action on the Bendix's,)
stop the car "instantly", if "you" want them to--the others' discs just
kinda slide-along, scaring the CRAP outa you,  while you wait for
seeminly-forever, for the car/Jeep to stop.

BTW, I'm NOT making-up the foregoing--stomp on your modern car's brakes
(with ant-lock, or not!) at 'parking' speeds up to 10 -15 mph, & see how
"quickly" it stops--as in when yer backing up, & OOPS, there's a
pedestrian, "there"!!!!!!!

As I said, before , I would prefer to have discs, on a freeway
full-boogie stop, from above 70 mph. I've found that MOST 'stops' only
require a "slowing-down" , to some extent, to avoid a hazard.

How many of y'all have actually brought yer car's speed down to ZERO, in
a true panic STOP, @ highway speeds????

Neil