Re: [FWDLK] brake linings

Hi All;
The front/rear bias on braking is usually 70% front. This is mostly due to
physics, the weight shifts forwand onto the front wheels and the harder the
braking, the more weight shifts. The rear wheels are not carrying their 50%
of the weight any more, and therefore don't have as mucxh traction. That is
why you have the bias block or f/r compensator. This regulated the brake
fluid or pressure going to the rear as a portion (%) of whats going to the
front. Note that many trucks have a variable compensator, as the truck may
be empty or loaded which changes the dynamics of the stop.

If the rear locks up well before the front, adjust the rear pressure down.
Ideally, you want to have some steerage in a panic situation (which is what
anti-lock brakes are all about), so the fronts still have to be rotating a
little while the rears are locking up in a panic stop. It's a fine balance
which needs some time spent on if your changing the type of brakes from
stock.

With brakes, bigger, better, faster, is always better, expesically if you're
behind me! If it's not a 1000 point car, safety is the best way to go.
Ray Jones