Re: [FWDLK] "E" Ticket explained:

In a message dated 11/5/2003 11:11:26 PM Eastern Standard Time, esierraadj@xxxxxxxxx writes:
You see, when Fxxx introduced The Edsel, around 1954, the car was known
as "The Big E"
and featured a large "E" hood ornament.

Fxxx was so proud of their revolutionary car
(one of which 'names' was considered to be
"Utopian Turtle Top") , that they gave out FREE
tours of their production plant.

Previously, NO company ever, before, or since!!--certainly NOT
Chrysler-- allowed members of the public to enter their hallowed
engineering spaces, & possibly "see" something
experimental/prototypical--so, the "special"
people who were granted permission to enter the Edsel production areas
were given unique
identification 'papers', known as : "E-Tickets", naturally!!

Since then, the term "E-Ticket" has come to be synonymous with any
emotional 'roller-coaster'
experience.

Just thought you'd like to know.

Neil
I beg to respectfully differ!

I lived in Southern California, near Disneyland.  Disney admission ticket packages, depending on how much you wanted to spend, included a variety of tickets, "A" through "E".  The most costly rides were paid for with the "E" tickets.  Thus, the very best of any kind of ride (Trains, planes or automobile), became known as the "E" Ticket rides.

In addition, I was a resident of Detroit and worked in the auto industry.  The Edsel wasn't introduced until the late 50's, and I never heard of any such passes.

My 2 cents worth.....

Joe Savard
Lake Orion, MI