From: Forward Look Mopar Discussion List
[mailto:L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of eastern sierra Adj Services
Sent: Monday, November 10, 2003 2:25 AM
To: L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [FWDLK] Mopar u-joints

"Those" prices are good, but "anyone" is going to require the
driveline's front RUBBER BOOT, as the (almost-certainly-----I mentioned
this a short while ago--) failure of the rubber boot has allowed the
front 'u-[trunion]-joint' to lose its grease, & to deteriorate that
'joint'.

I also overlooked reiterating, on my litany of probable-
catastrophic-occurences, recently, front-"u"-joint failure, as the
result of the 'failure' of that 'boot'!!

Andy Bernbaum quoted me $22.00 (or $28.00??) for just the boot (on
"back-order", ahem, til mid-DEC), but he sold me a complete O/H assy,
for $125.00--which I will have be installed, later TODAY (12:20 AM,
PST., now).

Please, 'jack-up' your car's front end, & examine that "boot"--I betcha
it'll be 'bad'!!

Neil
!