From: Forward Look Mopar Discussion List
[mailto:L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Larry Ashbaugh
Sent: Monday, November 10, 2003 11:08 PM
To: L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [FWDLK] Pushbutton Transmissions

Just picked up another Dodge, a 1959 Coronet, 326/Powerflite, from a local
Ford dealer (trade in).  Drove the car and everything worked fine (little
slow shifting, but considering it only has 36k miles, and sat for some years
prior to being traded, still acceptable.

Returned to the dealer, and parked to check a couple things.  When I went to
move the car, the buttons would not push in (and the transmission engage).
They seem to be binding.  Could there be a bind in the push-button box on
the dash, in the cable sleeve, or inside the tranny itself?  Anyone have
this problem in the past?  Really a neat car and the miles look right for
the condition.  Local transmission shop was able to talk about possible
"bind" spots, but if any of you have been there, I sure would appreciate
your experience.

Thanks.    LARRY