[FWDLK] 55 Belvedere for sale

Anyone want to rescue a 55 Plymouth V-8 4 door?  There's one just outside Blackshear, Georgia that someone spent 10 years restoring and then died when he was almost finished.  Present owner bought it from the old guy's estate for $8500 3-4 years ago, but parked it outside where his horses (!?!?) could gnaw on the paint on the hood and trunk.  So - it's freshly painted, but the paint is faded from sitting outside and badly scratched from the horses' teeth.  Interior is new and almost correct (the cloth part is similar to original, but not), the motor has been rebuilt and it and the whole engine compartment have been painted and detailed nicely and pretty much correctly.  Chrome is mostly new, but has some light rust stains from sitting outside (probably could be rubbed out).  New WWW bias tires on stock wheels with nice stock wheel covers.  Couple of pieces of chrome are in the trunk, and the steering wheel is in primer; otherwise car seems to have been complete and ready to go when the old man died.  Present owner is asking $3500.  Car is a Belvedere, red and white exterior with red and black interior, poly V-8 with 2bbl and Powerflite.  Seems very solid, but I didn't lift the carpet or the trunk mat to check the floors.

I was told the car is being advertised on the internet (although I haven't been able to find it) so I guess it's OK to give out the telephone number: 912-449-2649 if you're interested.  Ask for Johnny.

This is not my car, and I don't know the owner; just saw it sitting at a body shop and took a look at it.

Curtis
56 Belvedere
59 Coronet