Re: [FWDLK] Engine Transmission removal 101 question.

Re: [FWDLK] Engine Transmission removal 101 question.

The early cast iron torqueflites were a pain to remove and replace because the flywheel and the converter are the same part. You had to reattach the converter first so you could accurately measure the run out, with a dial indicator, that was hard to do if you had the trans in the way. Reassembling the  trans to back of the engine (correctly) , with the converter already mounted, certainly separated the real mechanics from the wanabees in those days.
Mike