Re: [FWDLK] Where are you?

I live, and have for going on 25 years now minus military service and a few years here and there, in the Cascade Mountains of Western Oregon.  So beautiful and slow paced and relaxed.  We get so many people that move here from the metropolises that get sick of the rat race.  I feel sorry for anybody that has to spend any more than passing time in the concrete jungle.

But if I had my way, and if there were any economy there at all, I would choose to live in one of the most desolate places in North America, where I'm sure nobody on this list has made it to within 500 miles of.  Peerless, Montana.  5 miles from Saskatchewan, and about an hour from North Dakota, in the northeastermost part of Montana.  Population about 50.  Lived there from age 5 to about 14.  Nicest people in the world, because they literally depend on each other for survival, usually in the social sense, but sometimes in the winter in the literal sense!  A place where not very much is taken for granted. . . .

Mark J. Hash
Sutherlin, OR

'57 Fury, '57 Savoy 2 d sedan, '57 Sport Suburban, '68 300 convert, '00 Dakota SLT