Re: [FWDLK] 57-59 plymouth

Actually that's not quite correct.

2-door sedans were cheaper, and the cheapest in '57 was a Plaza 2-dr
"Business coupe" 3-passenger which apparently omitted the back seat and
listed with a 6-cylinder engine for $1874 (a V8 was $100 more in the Plaza
series).  The regular 2dr was $1984, and a 4-door was $2030, again with a 6
in them.   The same holds true for 1958, with the prices starting at $1993
for the business coupe, and in 1959 up again to $2143 - and the business
coupe now only came with a 6.  These are quite rare with a 1959 production
of 1,051 cars, 1472 in 1958 and almost twice that in 1957.  A 2-door
Suburban was also cheaper than the 4-door.

Even turnsignals were optional this year, so a real stripper would have a
3-spd standard, no radio, no turn signals, you might have a heater but thats
about it (and that may even depend on your location in the country).  I'm
not sure on Plymouth but my '60 Pontiac only has carpet on the driveshaft
tunnel, the rest of the floor has a form fitted rubber mat instead.  Would
not be surprised if the cheap Plymouths had some similar optioning.

This is all out of my Krause Standard Guide to Chrysler 2nd edition (boy,
they could sell me one that only covers to 1980 for half the money for all
the use I'll get out of the 1980-2000 coverage!) which is really handy and
well worth the $25 buy in.

Bill K.