[FWDLK] 1958 (1957?) Desoto

Since the subject came up, I happened to think that I used to know where
there was a '57 or '58 DeSoto 2-dr hardtop in a junkyard.  It was fairly
complete, but in about the same shape as the '58 Chrysler I've posted
pictures of (in other words, bad floors, bad rockers, poor interior, rot in
the frame at the kickups, motor set up/missing stuff, rot in the fender
eyebrows). It's probably a Fireflite or Firedome, it has the big Chrysler
body.  I'm sure it's still up there.  Is that something that anyone would be
interested in, as a parts car or maybe to try to save?  It's about an hour
and a half drive to see, but I could use the excuse to go up and see what's
left in the place.

There also used to be a 60 or 61 Dodge wagon that had a decent body, but the
rearend was out of it (red with a white top, too).  I can't remember much
else Forward-Look wise though.   First place I ever saw '57-'60 Mercuries
and the only place I've seen more than one at one time until I got into this
other place where I picked up my New Yorker.  (you want rot?  I got into the
'58 merc wagon barely visible behind my NYer in the pix.  Rear side glass I
popped out in about 5 min b/c of the rot around it.  Then the roof post
itself (!).  Glass fell out of the tailgate.  Had to use a jack to keep the
top from caving in b/c of all the junk on the roof.  Car is falling apart...
Guess Chrysler did a better job rustproofing on the '60's!)

Bill K.