From: Forward Look Mopar Discussion List
[mailto:L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Rimington, Kenneth
Sent: Monday, December 01, 2003 9:40 AM
To: L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [FWDLK] Under body paint.

Over the Thanksgiving weekend, I had the under side of the body sand
blasted.  What a beautiful site, all that white metal where the rust was.
My debating over how to finish the underside of the body will soon end.  I
am looking for final advice before priming and painting.

I plan on sealing the metal with POR-15 with a top coat of gray enamel
applied before the POR-15 is fully cured.

My debate is on the application of undercoating.  Should I use the tar based
product like the original or go with a black polyurethane bed liner.  any
opinions?

Which areas of the under body should be coated with undercoating?  Which
areas should be masked i.e. area above gas tank, muffler heat shields,
transmission tunnel, etc.?  How far up the firewall should undercoating be
applied (up to the seam below the heater and master cylinder) ?

Any advice will be appreciated.

Ken Rimington
1956 Dodge CR

Over 25,000 pages of archived Forward Look information can be easily
searched at