De : Forward Look Mopar Discussion List
[mailto:L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]De la part de cpollock@xxxxxxxx
Envoyé : mercredi 3 décembre 2003 16:40
À : L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Objet : Re: [FWDLK] TULSARAMA Dreamin'

Hi Guys,
Gotta get out the penny jar again.  All of this seems like deja vu to me.
Didn't we go over all this about a year ago?  Oh well, I said it before, I
can say it again:

I have a friend who works for a LARGE mortuary here in Cincinnati.  She has
been present at many an exhumation, burial, crypt opening, etc.  I described
to her what sort of container the Fury was placed in, as described by the
website and the photos of the burial.  Sorry to be the bearer of bad new.
She stated that in the 50's it was standard practice to put a concrete
sarcophagus in the ground, place the coffin in it, and then place a flat
rectangular cement cap on it.  How is done today is that a flat piece of
concrete is placed at the bottom, the coffin is placed on this pedestal, and
then the sarcophagus is placed over it.  The reason:  without fail, every
single one of these 50's varieties that she has seen open, or has heard of
being opened was crushed.  The lid cracks and then caves in on the object
inside.  The processes are accelerated when exposed to ANY sort of vibration
(location close to a road, railroad tracks, large industrial complex).
Normally, the coffin !
 is crushed, and they have to then dig out what little remains.
So, how does this work with the Fury?  It was buried the 50's way, with the
flat lid, and according to the website, not far from a major highway.
Without doubt, the lid has collapsed into the sarcophagus, crushed the car,
and after 50 years of decomposition, I doubt there will be very much left at
all.  Maybe the microfilm container, but the glass would be shattered, the
trim bent and the sheet metal completely gone.  If the clay in the area is
as the people who have chimed in say it is, they would have been better off
just directly burying it.
And, just in case there is a doubt, she was present when they exhumed a
woman who was buried in her Cadillac in the 70's.  They still used the 50's
method all the way up until the late 70's early 80's, kind of depends on
where in the country they did it.  She said they were lucky to find the
skeleton as the rubber and stainless was all that was left of the car, and
with that evidence they could guess where she was seated and dig in that
location.

But, on the bright side, it would be very cool to have a LARGE number of
FWLK cars present.  Just the sight of 50-100 or more would be worth the trip
alone.  I would love to attend this event! Gotta buy a car first though, and
get the wife?s permission, and drive there, and ???

Just my pennies,
(buddy can you spare a dime?)

Over 25,000 pages of archived Forward Look information can be easily
searched at