Re: [FWDLK] STATUS REPORT; it's a BelveBEER

Re: [FWDLK] STATUS REPORT; it's a BelveBEER

First in foremost- Wow!  Remind me never to piss you off, because I doubt I could hide from you!  Well done Neil!
Second-

It's really FUN to mention, to "whomever"  that The City is NOT going to
be able to get-rid-of
the car any-time-soon, after 6/15/07, due to the SLIGHT technicality in
determining, precisely ,
WHAT the POPULATION  of T-Town will be, in 2007!!!!! [..wait til the
2010 census, and develop
a trend-line, from previous census', and then extrapolate backwards, to
2007--that's good for a nervous - laugh!!! ]. Hope The City's got a
secure, long-term indoor storage facility

-Now this really frightens me.  Visions of the recently dug up Belvedere rotting in the city impound lot waiting for 2010 dancing in my head.  That would be a real tragedy.  If they have to wait 3 more years to find the correct owner, why not wait until then to dig it up?  At least we know where it is, and it is relatively 'safe'?

Third-

FINALLY (for today), for all of you who are concerned about there being
"nothing" to win, the above-mentioned newspaper article mentions that
The City WAS worried about preserving the Plymmie, so that : " ...before
it was ceremoniously buried, it was wrapped with paper and plastic, then
lowered into the ground as hundreds watched."--no "cosmolene" was
mentioned--hope the cosmo was in addition to the paper & plastic!!

- again with the worry.  If they used paper, that absorbs moisture, and the plastic would then trap that moisture.  And there would be moisture, even if it is just from condensation due to temperature fluctuations.
I just hope that the paper/plastic was applied AFTER the cosmoline.

And finally-
Just a thought guys, but maybe we here on the list need to form a "Save the Belvie" committee to act as a resource for the city people so that we can make sure the dis-interment is done correctly, that car is properly stored, etc.  We all might have to take a more active roll if this car is to be saved.  Unfortunately (but not surprisingly) it looks like the city will have too many chances to drop the ball.

Just a thought,
again Well Done Neil,
Thanks for all your efforts,
Charles.