[FWDLK] The Big Server Move - Next Week!

[FWDLK] The Big Server Move - Next Week!

Title: Message
Hi All,

Next week I will be moving the server to it's new home.  Ben Pultanovich has graciously provided a spare room in his home to become our new server room -- MANY thanks to Ben!!!

The server will be on a significantly lower speed connection than it is on presently (768/768 Kbs instead of 15,000/15,000 Kbs), but the bandwidth is all ours and not shared.  I don't think speed will be a problem, but it's the best connection we can get at present.

The new server will also FINALLY be installed and brought into service, allowing us to have a ton of new capabilities, such as streaming video, real discussion boards, and much more.  It's an exciting time for the FL website.  Technically, a bunch of stuff will be changing, but the mailing list and home page addresses (http://www.forwardlook.net) will remain the same.

Fortunately, I now have the time to move the stuff, as I recently got laid off again.  Unfortunately, I had to lay out -another- $800 for the rest of the equipment.  PLEASE use the eBay links on the home page whenever you can, even if you just click one and then do other eBay surfing.  We get a nickel for every bid or buy-it-now, and at present that's paying for the over $120/mo connection charges.  The more you use the links, the more goodies we can have... =)

Now I just have to find a way to move about 1200 pounds of equipment up the stairs...

-Dave