[FWDLK] cruising speed

When I was 18 years old, nothing bad was ever going to happen to me, and I was going to live forever. My younger brother 16 and I were cruising along in our dad's 1955 DeSoto sedan.  We were being good and minding our own business driving down the two lane highway about 50 MPH on a beautiful day in 1963. We were passed by 2 girls in a 1957 Chevy convertible, who were waving and laughing as the went by.  You can probably guess what happened in the next few seconds. The Chevy was doing about 80mph when we passed them returning the wave.  I have ten grandchildren today.  It's amazing that we survived some of the stupid things that we did when we were young.  Also that our kids survived simular stupid decisions that we will never know about...   and our grandkids are probably doing them as you are reading this... I know my Guardian Angel earned his wings.

Wishing everyone a Merry and Safe Christmas.

Joe Paolucci
Walton, Ky

1955 DeSoto Sportsman....   and still passing 57 Chevys