[FWDLK] Fw: ANOTHER REPRODUCED ITEM FOR US

[FWDLK] Fw: ANOTHER REPRODUCED ITEM FOR US

Hello List
For some reason,,,probably because no one else has attempted this that I know of,,,I have been able to reproduce the insulation strips and/or sheets that were put between the top of the trunk lid and the bracing on many of our FORWARDLOOK cars.

It took a bit of effort to locate similar material,,but a lot more of an effort to find a bonding agent to make a 'sandwich' that brings the thickness to within .005 of what it originally was,,,AND will not delaminate,,,AND gives the appearance that it is one piece..
The final product has been reviewed with someone who has origional pieces..  The reproduction is the same external dimensions (certainly),,,,same thickness,,,same texture,,,only the color is a bit off.  It should be a dark brown to a brownish black and is kind of a blackish brown if that makes any sense.
The real effort is actually putting the pieces together to get the correct thickness and have it look like one piece.  Its a time consuming mess so to speak.

So the bottom line----If anyone is interested, I can make these up for you.  The materials and bonding agent are nothing cost wise,,,its just the time to do it so that it looks like its made that way.
I know about the sizes for the 57/58 Plymmys.  Any other vehicle you would have to tell me the sizes you would need. I could then estimate 'labor time' ,,,like I had said,,materials are irrelevant cost wise.

As far as flexibility and shipping,,,these things are relatively flexible when complete but I prefer to ship in a flat container and not roll them up. They CANNOT be folded.

I have been told that some of our cars also had a 'fuel tank mat' that was the same material that went between the tank and trunk floor.  If there is such an item,,I am sure this stuff would do the job.  Just provide dimensions.

If interested,,email me . I HAVE NO STOCK and dont want any,,,I would make everything to your order.
PRICE--I am still thinking on that but it would depend on your car and the number and size of the pieces you need.  For a 57/58 set of 5 pieces for your trunk,,,about $25 I would think.

ED ECKERSON
LI  NY
57 FURY