[FWDLK] Police Cars

Hey everybody,

If the police car was a fleet purchase it probably has a K in the VIN.   Such as PK41T0---------  for a 1970 Fury I 4-door sedan w/ T-code 440.  Not all police cars were like that though, as a department could order a police car with higher trim levels, such as a Fury II or Fury III.  A sure way to find out if it is a police package vehicle is to check the fender tag, as it should have the "A38" code on there.  That denotes the heavy duty police package which gave you the HD wheels, sway bars, stiffer torsion bars, power steering coolers, etc depending on the year.

    As far as to identifying Forward Look vehicles as police package vehicles, does anybody know out here?

Matt