Re: [FWDLK] rusted rings

[I've heard stories of using Coca-Cola (tm) to free stuck rings.  Maybe
because of the citric acid in it?   But the stories have always said Coke -
not Pepsi - so maybe there is a difference between the two.  (laughs)]

Coke will work because it contains Phosphoric Acid (same thing as in naval
jelly rust remover).  The Phosphoric Acid converts red rust (Fe3O2) to black
rust (Fe2O3).  Black rust is more dense and compact than red rust which
frees up the joint.  The sugar will be a real problem if it is not
thoroughly flushed out.  Might be better to use diluted naval jelly or metal
conditioner instead of Coke.