Re: [FWDLK] 58 Dodge Bendix EFI

Bill,

Here's a great web site featuring a recently restored DeSoto
convertible with the Bendix Electrojector option:

http://www.ifrance.com/c-i-f/bendix_us.htm

Also, check the following link for detailed picutres (including the
electronic control unit) of the same car:

http://www.chrysler300club.com/jhstuff/fuelie/fuelie.html

I've always bee fascinated with and enjoy electronics as a hobby.  The
picture of the innards of the control unit is just downright spooky
compared to today's highly miniatureized machine built / soldered
circuit boards.  These ones were all hand built one at a time!

Best Regards to all,

Thomas F. Miller

tfm@xxxxxxxxxxxx
pageTFM@xxxxxxxxxxxx / text paging
614.975.4164 / voice
707.667.2601 / eFax
300C, 440+6 'Cuda

>>> "Bill K." <pontiac@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> 12/22/2003 4:29:32 AM >>>
This makes me curious - can someone explain how the Bendix EFI unit
worked
(okay, given they were recalled, how it was intended to operate)
without
writing a book on the subject?   Back then, a computer to control it
would
have required you install the system in a big rig, so you had the
trailer to
haul the computer unit in - which is why I'm wondering how the
electronic
end of it worked.  Did it use a throttle body type of intake or
something
with individual injectors for each cylinder?

Seems like the competition's Rochester system was a mechanical unit,
not
that they worked a whole lot better from what I've read here and
there.

If there's old posts on the issue, point me in the right direction and
I'll
go look it up there -

Thanks

Bill K.