[FWDLK] Crashes to crashes; rust to rust

[FWDLK] Crashes to crashes; rust to rust

Fairlang/List, I also wrote, earlier, that Horrie's
lower BODY panels had  bondo slathered over a moonscape of
rust-out--albeit a rather nice bondo-sculpture, at that. I had a local
body shop custom-form outa CHEVY-truckdoor panels the lower fender and
quarter panels; even forming the wheel-well edges correctly.

BUT, beyond some relatively minor corrosion---notably behind the
passenger-side
rear wheel, in the trunk, the undercoating did its job in sacrificing
itself (sniff)  for the 'good'  of the undercarriage.

If H's undercarriage hadn't been protected, and if it woulda been
exposed,  to the extent of the lower-body's  corrosion, he would have
been a Salt-Belt-Goner.

Of course, the lower body panels rusted-out, due to salt-water, and
fresh-water, and road grunge, etc, entering into those "enclosed"
cavities---cutting open a quarter-panel, or a rocker- panel is a
sobering experience--there are virtually no
exits for the water to 'use', that gets in there. The rockers have those
3(?) cute little-old
holes, but those aperatures' design and location
sure weren't worked-out, on a CAD program!!

btw, y'all ain't gonna have me to kick-around, for the next 5 days--I
got a NO EXPENSE paid
vacation, in Pasatucky, for the Tournament of Rodents festivities (Go
BLUE).

Neil