Re: [FWDLK] Crashes to crashes; rust to rust

Re: [FWDLK] Crashes to crashes; rust to rust

That's the way my '59 was ("bare" under the "eyebrows").
Probably because there is a splash shield there, and the undercoating could
not get anywhere infront of it.  The "kicker" here was that the rubber
"seal" (on the edges of the metal splash shield) deteriorated, allowing all
the salt & crud flung up by the front tires to get into the eyebrow area,
where it "does it's thing" of course.
I think they would have been better off to not even use the "shield", - the
factory undercoating *could* have gotten up in there better (if they had
made any effort to do so at all) and at least you could have stuck a garden
hose up there and washed things out.

Just my .002.

Happy New Year everyone!

Regards,
DaveG.
Louisville, Ky
'59 Sport Fury HT
----
Grove  Automotive -- "Chrysler Spoken Here"
www.groveautomotive.com