Re: [FWDLK] blue dots

>From a distance, it made the taillight Purple. It also made it harder
(dimmer) to see, and illegal in most states.
The purpose? Like everything about Hot Rods, it made it different, cool,
neat-o, and special. For most popular cars with glass tail lights, you could
buy them with the Dot already mounted. Or you could buy just the Blue Dot
for the plastic lenses and drill your own hole. Mu Uncle sold them in his
Western Auto store.

I had them in a couple of '49 fords, along with Sleepy Eyes.
--
Ray Jones, Jones Ridge, in the Ouachita Mtns near Mena, Western Arkansas