[FWDLK] Filler Tube Housing

Hi gang -

On my 58 Plymouth, where the fuel tank filler tube housing passes thru the
trunk floor, there appeared to be a rubbery seal to hold it in place.  When
the filler tube housing was removed, I hacked thru whatever was there to get
it out.  Does anyone know what kind of material this seal is made from, and
what are people doing to seal this area when they restore their 57-8 Plys
and other 57-9 Forwardlookers ?

Thanks,

Ron