[FWDLK] 1978 Chrysler Newport HT?

A friend of mine has asked me to look at his car, in order to determine
value, to sell it.  I looked in my Old Cars Price Guide, dated February
2004, and it shows a 2 dr cpe, and a 4 dr sedan.  Is this correct?  How do I
make sure of the year (VIN?) to determine it is truly a '78?  I notice the
1977 shows hardtops in 2 and 4 door.
Thank you so much for a quick response.  I have an appointment to see it in
the morning, 10:30 a.m. Pacific Time.
Tony
tonysru2@xxxxxxxxxxx