[FWDLK] Regarding those self adjusting brakes and the PARKING

[FWDLK] Regarding those self adjusting brakes and the PARKING brake

I've been planning to do this swap..but here is the thought I had:  do you think that the HAND BRAKE on a '59 vintage will give you enough leverage to apply enough pressure to the rear-drum style parking brakes?  I have a friend  with a '62 newport, and he converted to 4-wheel discs, and has the STEP-ON parking brake going to the rear discs...and the car DRIFTS..

----- Original Message -----
Sent: 1/31/2004 5:19:38 PM
Subject: Re: [FWDLK] That's the Brakes...

Brian - I just posted a msg on new web site yesterday about swapping our original non self adjusting brakes to self adjusting brakes  by using a modified backing plate and rear brake assembly from a later mopar. That assembly would have a parking brake in rear drum. In new web site look under "Fwdlk Technical Discussion" and then, Brakes, Wheels & Tires,   the click on the post "self adj rear brakes".  I haven't tried this but don't see why it wouldn't work. If you're not on new web site yet or can't access it, let me know and I will post it on this email site.    John Z