Re: [FWDLK] L-FORWARDLOOK Digest - 30 Jan 2004 to 31 Jan 2004

Re: [FWDLK] L-FORWARDLOOK Digest - 30 Jan 2004 to 31 Jan 2004 (#2004-32)

Five  years ago I took the 300F out for a tour with the California Chrysler Products Club.  It was a three day tour to the back side of Yosemite and considerable driving was done.  One of the tour leaders wondered where that extra powerful car was on his CB.  I told him I was about 5 miles behind him and could be here   very soon.  He chuckled and said his Imperial would stay in front.  At this challenge, I stepped up the FORWARD motion considerable to about 125 mph.  My wife was paniced at this and let me know it!!!  She said she would be absent in future tours if I had to behave like this.  (Any body heard this before?)  I caught the leader soon and resumed the 70 mph speed.  I have radial tires on the F with the 44 year old wheels.  The next day, as we neared the Bay Area and home, traffic slowed to about 3 mph near Livermore due to congestion.  It stayed this way for 20 minutes.  At 19 minutes, I was going 4 mph when I had a flat.  Changed the spare and drove home.  Took the flat to my favorite gas station the next day for repairs.  Only then was I shown that there was a 9 inch split on the rim bead on the back side.  Imagine what might have been the outcome if it had split at 125 mph.  New tires, old wheels........be cautious!