From: Forward Look Mopar Discussion List
[mailto:L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Rich Lee
Sent: Friday, February 06, 2004 10:51 AM
To: L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [FWDLK] FW: [FWDLK] Dodge Hemi Magnum in Super Bowl XXXVIII ad

Couple its questionable styling with the fact that it has RWD and the
results are sure to be lackluster.  [All-wheel drive is 'late
availability.']  Even BMW and Mercedes are now offering all-wheel drive
models.  I say this as we are getting another 3-5 inches of snow.  I believe
it's our sixth storm of the season.  At least we're past the mid-point of
winter:  7 weeks over, 6 weeks to go.

Getting back to the Magnum, let's be realistic.  The HEMIR model, or Magnum
RT, is the most expensive at $29,995 and will sell the least.  The base
model, Dodge Magnum SE, with a 2.7-liter engine and sticker price of $22,495
dilutes the emphasis of the Magnum RT.  Look at what sister division
Chrysler is doing:  300, 300 Touring, 300 Limited, 300C.  Why buy a 300C for
$32,995?

Suddenly, it's 1962.

By the way, this is not DaimlerChrysler's follow-up to the LH-based
Intrepid.  An all-new LX-based Intrepid will debut later in the year and IS
DaimlerChrysler's answer to the Honda Accord, Mitsubishi Galant, Nissan
Altima, Toyota Camry, Ford Taurus, Mercury Sable, and the pathetic offerings
from Generic Motors.

I just don't see LX-based Intrepid selling 150,000+/- that the LH-based
Intrepid did.