Re: [FWDLK] 1957 DeSoto fuel pump

HI ED,
In my 1966 Carter Fuel Pump catalog it says both 2608S & M2611S interchange to a M2504 and can be used on Dodge 1959-63 318, 326, Plymouth 1957-63, Chry Ind. 318VA, 64-66 318. The actual Adventurer pump number is M3261.
JOE 1956 Adventurer's

Going out on a limb here.  I am trying to replace the fuel pump in my 1957
Adventurer project, 345 hemi.  I took out a pump stamped 2608S on the
flange, and MO-1063 on the main body.  Carter, of course.  I bought an NOS
1957 DeSoto fuel pump, which "looked" identical, but is stamped M2611S on
the flange, and the MO-1053 on the body.  The arm is slightly longer on the
new pump and the angle is slightly different.  Any guesses from the group
if it will actually interchange?  I can't find any on-line Carter
interchange information.  Any help would be appreciated.

-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- Visit the ALL-NEW ForwardLook.net! New Discussion Forums, Expanded Content and much, much more! http://www.forwardlook.net/