Re: [FWDLK] dual m/c on 58 DeSoto

Here's my thoughts on brakes. I have lost brakes a few times. Never due to a ruptured line. Had a back brake shoe come loose due to poor installation or something (not me really!). The self adjuster cable broke and the shoe wore enough to come out of place allowing the piston to over extend and leak fluid. Only the dual nature of the master cylinder allowed me to stop at the next light.
Second failure was a catastrophic failure of a rear caliper seal on a Lumina Eurosport. In that case even with a dual cylinder the car had zero brakes. Fortunetly it failed when foot was on the brake, in park getting ready to release park brake. Solution ( Tow truck/brake repair /trade in.) The brakes had only 6,000 miles from a dealer factory replacement due to poor intitial design. ( it was the second failure of the brakes on that car, the first was from frozen rear calipers).
Go dual.

Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Finance: Get your refund fast by filing online -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- Visit the ALL-NEW ForwardLook.net! New Discussion Forums, Expanded Content and much, much more! http://www.forwardlook.net/