[FWDLK] Well, they call me SPEEDO....

FWIW , imHo, a NOS-speedo unit for a 57 -58 Dodge should be worth around
$250 - $300; remember, this unit does NOT include the chromed pot-metal
fascia-bezel, which is what the viewer actually pays  attention-to. a
decent
speedo/odo piece, like this one, is NOT hard to find (I've got 2 spares,
I've just looked-@), AND these 'guys' are easy/fun to take apart and
clean/lube, too.  The plastic-face polishes-up, nicely.

There were no less than THREE different speedo-units in 57 - 58 ;  The
57 prototypes had  "130( mph)"  printed on the plastic-faces (check out
several illustrations in the 57 Service Manual); and some/most  (if not
all--dunno about the 6 cyl'ers) of the 1957  production speedos had the
130 mph "slots" , in/on  the gauge, but the "130" was not painted onto
the plastic face, so that the speedo went 10 mph beyond the "indicated"
120 mph.

There were 2 manufacturers of the  speedos, as their
physical-construction differed somewhat. Mitchell's Ebay-
unit is of the "better" construction quality, and
ALL of the 1958 speedos I've seen had their
speedo-speed 'stop' AT (only) 120 mph--guess they just  weren't as fast
as the 57'ers (LOL).

Neil Vedder

Visit the ALL-NEW ForwardLook.net! New Discussion Forums, Expanded Content and much, much more!  http://www.forwardlook.net/