Re: [FWDLK] what does '59 Dodge dash pad look like?

Re: [FWDLK] what does '59 Dodge dash pad look like?

I am curious about this. You mention a curved chrome piece that screws in,
near the push button shift. Do you by chance have a photo of this? The
reason I ask is neither of my 59's, original padded dash cars, have either
the piece or a hole that I can see to screw one in. I have a curved piece
that is on the passenger side and that is it. The mid part of the dash is
held by a painted piece that also includes the light but the right side of
the instrument cluster and over by the push buttons have
nothing....Odd...Actually, the right side on the instrument cluster does
have a hole come to think of it and I always suspected that it was for some
sort of chrome piece. But there is nothing on the push button side. Also, my
59 Royal has no hole on either side, somewhat different then the Custom
Royal.

What really puzzles me is I have been on the lookout for these pieces,
suspecting they exist partially based on some artwork for the car that I
have seen, but I have seen a few other padded dash 59's and never have
actually seen the pieces and there was no evidence that any had been removed
or originally installed. I wonder if they are a mid-year production item...?

No one happens to have some spare chrome pieces laying around do they?

James