[FWDLK] PowerMaster hi-torque starters for early Chryslers

[FWDLK] PowerMaster hi-torque starters for early Chryslers

Hot rod suppliers like Summit Racing (www.summitracing.com) advertise high-torque starters that work on "early Chryslers", but I can tell you from experience they don't work on 1960 RB 383s with A/T. I ordered their model #9300 but the ears, solenoid, and nose positions are different so it won't work. So after almost 2 hours in the gutter in the rain last week trying to swap out my bad starter, it's a grimy and wet lesson learned. The good news is that the local CarQuest auto parts was able to rebuild mine in 2 days for $50.

Brion Kidder
60 Saratoga
Orange, CA