Re: [FWDLK] GEE, whiskers

When I ordered my catwhiskers, Gary Goers also supplied the original style clips (which were dark green). Maybe he still has these.
These clips have very sharp points which pierce the catwhiskers in the previously marked position, then bend the ears over on the reverse side. They then snap into place in the original slots in the door/rear quarter bodywork, without drilling more holes.
On the chrome interior garnish trim inside, they were originally stapled on. So I went to a welding shop and got some stainless welding rod of the correct gauge. Made my own little 'staples' of the correct spread.
Drilled holes into the new catwhiskers where they needed to be according to the factory holes in the chrome garnish trim (with a tiny dentist's drill), and pushed the staples in, then bent the ends over on the reverse side of the garnish, just like original.
Not difficult at all. And looks 100%. Even if you can't see it.
Glenn.
57 Fury.

eastern sierra Adj Services wrote:

When I bought/installed Gary Goers'  cat-whiskers, for Horrie, I
'inserted' relatively small/short sheet-metal-screws into the
"whiskers", below the level of the "whiskers", in the 'body' of the
assembly, and then painted the screw-points, to "mark" the location of
the screws, in/on the  door & 1/4 panels.  I then  pre-drilled the door
& 1/4 panels, to correspond to the location of the mounting-screws, and,
then easily-screwed-in the cat-whisker assemblies-----simplicity,
itself! I then painted the heads of the screws, which could be seen,
below the level of the 'whiskers' , BLACK, so that the screws are
invisible---what's also 'neat' is that, if you screw-up the 'location'
of the mounting screw-holes, you just re-locate the position of the
mounting-screws, in/on the "assembly", and "try-again", until the
cat-whisker assembly aligns correctly, to the
subject body-panel(s)--I think I used 3 (??)
mounting-screws per 'panel'?/

It's easy & fun, & almost impossible to 'ruin'; nobody can see the
'wrong' mounting screw-
holes--hidden by the whisker assemblies.

Neil Vedder