Re: [FWDLK] Chrysler 1960-62 with manual trans?

Re: [FWDLK] Chrysler 1960-62 with manual trans?

Plenty of answers, and thanks to everyone who responded.

My first driver was a manual trans behind a V8, and I miss driving it.   So
with a car in need of a drivetrain I was curious how hard it might be to
find the setup for one of these.  I'd imagine that most of the actual
conversion parts (pedals, clutch linkage, crossmember) will swap '60-'62
Chrysler, wagons to '64, and '62-'64 Dodge 880 series, which aught to make
about 8-10 thousand cars equipped.  Transmission itself can probably come
from about any of the later big V8 cars so long as it has a shifter in the
right general position.

Does a shop manual show much of the setup?  It must cover R&R clutch, trans
and possibly linkage adjustments.

Thanks!

Bill K.