Re: [FWDLK] replacement carb / '59 Dodge / intake

Re: [FWDLK] replacement carb / '59 Dodge / intake

Thanks to all who replied.  Sounds like I'll be good to go.  I  just need
to decide if I want to spring the extra dough for the AVS carb...I am
thinking not, since its about $100 more, AND its 650 cfm vs. 600cfm...don't
think I really need that big of a carb, and I know a lot of people who seem
to like their "regular" AFB.

As for the intake ports...and the carb matching...I never thought that was
an issue..what kind of adapter or spacer would I need to use?  Most of the
ones I see are pretty tall...3/4 inch...1 inch...will the air cleaner hit
the hood?  Is an intake swap on the 383 a big deal?  (really didnt want to
go that far...)

Lou