[FWDLK] A done deal

'60 Chrysler #2 is in the bag.

As expected, a rusty 4-door post sedan, maroon with a grey and black
interior.  But, the under trunk lid area is solid - had I found this car
even 10 years ago it might have been restorable from the looks, but sitting
outside did it in as it sunk into the dirt and rotted from the bottom up.

The good:  Taillight lenses, one park lens, one backup and one housing, tail
housings not bad, all the stainless there except some door pieces, some hard
to see because of junk next to car.  Dash complete, dirty, chrome may clean
up okay though.   Was an inside rear view mirror an option on these?  It has
the spot for it but just a little pointed bubble in the center of the ring,
like a blank-out cap of some sort.  Grille not bad, logo is decent.  One
fender may be re-useable, the other is shot.   Mostly untouched under the
hood.  Bumpers are both decent, hood and trunk lid look reuseable, small
crest on trunk lid is good.  I think the dashpad is good too.  Has the radio
in it.

The bad:  Motor is stuck, no air cleaner, rockers and lower quarters rotted
out, front seat forward mounts rotted out so pans are definately bad, last
inspection sticker appears to be 1970 (sheesh, didn't anyone drive these
past the 60's around here??), windshield is cracked, doors are stuck either
open or closed, some pits on inside handles, inside smells musty and nasty,
may not be any keys for it but at least this one has a VIN tag.

The ugly:  the car is literally full of crap, at least an Fxxx hubcap's
worth - one of the farm cats or the Doxon dogs these folks raise has been
using the front right floor and that hubcap as a toilet for a while.  So the
kick panels are staying in it.

I'm going to make another web page like I've made for some of the other cars
for it and put the pictures on.  When it's done the address will be:

www.angelfire.com/ny5/classicauto/60windsor.html -

Today was like ultimate car finding day.  I stopped to check out a car
collection I used to know about and it's all still there.  Mostly Ford and
Chevy, several 40-41 Chevs though.   One 54 Plymouth is about as close to
Forward Look as I saw, the next MoPar is a '70-ish Duster that seems to be
some kind of sport option package model.

Then I spotted behind a farm, a Forward Look friendly car.  A '60 Dodge
4-door of some sort.  No one was home to take a close up look.  The car was
rusted wierdly, the hood was bent and had a huge rot hole.  But the visible
headlights were intact - most of the other '60s I have seen the headlight
area rots until they fall off.   My wild stab of a guess is this was a nice
car that someone drove until it suffered an engine fire, and there it sits.

So, sometime this summer I may grab that for parts - who knows.

Meanwhile, I have this to concentrate on -

Last but not least, how does one remove the parking lamp lenses from these?
I took a set apart and the screws out and the lenses would not come out - I
was afraid I would chip one with a screwdriver, so I left them.  Are they
glued on with some sort of sealer?

Thanks

Bill K.