Re: [FWDLK] eBay Prices have gone Stupid

Re: [FWDLK] eBay Prices have gone Stupid

Beats me.

The only time I would charge a handling fee is if I had to do major work to
get someone the part they wanted.   Like, all-day kind of work.  Even then
it's in advance.  Big stuff I send UPS and I use their website to quote the
prices - if you have the box measurements, weight, and origin/destination
zip codes, you can get  the exact cost without leaving the house.  I might
round up to the next dollar, but 50 cents or so is hardly a handling fee.
Sometimes that bites me, but thats how things go.

Sellers should not be able to hide fees with regard to shipping and
handling.  You might check with the eBay help boards for better details on
the rules regarding that. Even so, you have to complain for any action to
take place, ebay does little to enforce it's rules and I've found they are
really selective about what rules apply to whom and when.   It's like
dealing with government.

Bill K.