[FWDLK] 1960 Chrysler revisited -

Well, I crawled through the trunk on this giant POS today.  I say that
because when I went to jack it in the front, I warped the front of the car
so bad I can't latch the hood.  Its rotted bad underneath, worse than I
thought one of these *could* rot.   Plus it's frozen to the ground which
doesn't help.  Going to be there another 3, 4 weeks probably before I can
get it out.  Don;t even know if the wheels turn yet -

Anyways, I wanted to ask - the rear panel below the trunk lid.  Couple guys
wanted it, and it's there and just about all straight - but someone needs to
reproduce the top 3" or so with the trunk gasket flange.  This one is rotted
out there too - I think all of them outside of the desert southwest did.
Now the bottom of it where it meets the floorpan is pretty solid, there is
enough to put it into another car even though the trunk floor is shot.  So
is it worth saving?

Also, for what it's worth - the lower (wide) pieces on the Saratoga are
exactly the same as the pieces on the Windsor - same width, same shape,
probably same length but I can't compare 4dr to 2dr.  The Saratoga uses an
additional piece over the top.   Some of you probably know that. but at
least one person looking for stainless thought they were different - I held
the two side by side and will take a picture later.

The joys of rusty cars -

Bill K.

---