Re: [FWDLK] Wheel Color

For DeSoto in 1957, the entire wheel was sprayed the gray color that I
believe you refer to as the slate gray.  Then the outer wheel only was
sprayed gloss black, with some overspray going through the brake cooling
slots.

Those observations were made by Wayne Graefen in his 57 Adventurer
restoration handbook, and I've found them to be true.

Ed Petrus