Re: [FWDLK] Overheating Problem/timing

Hi Lou;
Checking the timing mark on the balancer is easy. Remove the #1 spark plug,
insert a straw into the plug hole(nothing hard), and turn the engine over by
hand. Hold the straw against the piston, and as the piston comes to top dead
center, the mark should come to the pointer. They should match, top of
travel = mark on the pointer, any difference will tell if its advanced or
retarded, and if the the balancer ring has slipped.

Ain't old cars fun??
--
Ray Jones, Jones Ridge, in the Ouachita Mtns near Mena, Western Arkansas