[FWDLK] Mental Problems

Thanx, Ron, but does your car (whatshis name?) LOOK like he/she has a
clear coat? I can "clearly (ahem)" see applying a c-coat to a light-ish
color, to produce some depth, but H's enamel paint has been
polished-out, in the past 15 years, til the pigment's almost gone. I've
been applying Turtle Wax's "dye-polish"  for the past couple years--not
bad stuff, really, but you gotta use PLASTIC GLOVES, when you apply it!

I'm a claims adjuster (not a chiropractor), & I look-at  clear coats,
clinically,  of varying quality, every day--similarly,  I appreciate the
look of real New-Old-Stock (matte-finish) , instead of "Show Quality",
chrome-work. I also like to see well maintained 4-dr sedans, and
stationwagons, rather than Letter cars, and high-dollar NON-driven
"queens".

You're right, tho; clear-coat DON'T look like straight-paint--it's
shinier & deeper, & obvious, --in most instances--it's ALSO what I see
on auction-cars, so, I guess that I just have
"mental-problems" with the perception of clear-coatings, (and
color-changes)  on old cars.

Neil