[FWDLK] Separating the Hub from the rear drum?

[FWDLK] Separating the Hub from the rear drum?

I have received Neil Vedder's instruction on how to retrofit the newer style Bendix brakes onto the tapered axle assembly.   The process looks pretty straight forward.

But I am still confused about how to get the newer style DRUMS to attach to the axle shafts.

The only thing I can think of is that you'd have to transfer the hub from the old brake drums to the newer drums.    Something has to take the place of the "axle shaft flanges" on the newer style rear axle.

Is there a published method for separating the hub ( which slips over the axle shaft)  from the brake drum ?   I understand that it is a separate piece, riveted on.  Is it a matter of drilling out the rivets and pressing the wheel studs thru?  Also, does anyone know if the center hole diameter in the Bendix drums is the same as the hole in the "raw" Lockheed drums?

Regards,
Lou