From: SARAH
Sent: Thursday, April 29, 2004 12:00 PM
Subject: [FWDLK] Fw: [FWDLK] pistons for '57 poly 318

Several list members pointed out I should REALLY look closely at the block #s.  Lo n behold, a 301 amerged from the grease.  SOOOOO...looks like I need one standard Piston #1737824 and a sleeve or a set of .02/.03 overs and rebore.  If anyone has this 1737824 underfoot, I'd be more than happy to swap/trade/buy.  Thanks All

I've checked the archives, the net, and local parts stores....  Nothing below about $70 per/piston.  I have a standard 57 318 (PLYMTH Belvedere) block that has slight scoring on one cyl wall and am looking to rebore all cyl and replace w/ .02 or .03 oversize pistons/rings.  Anyone seen or have a set 'laying around?  Ebay has not been helpful and I've been looking for about a month.  About 1/2 the parts stores on & off line don't believe I even HAVE a '57 318 as it doesn't show on their computers.....  I'm NOT being cheap,  it's known as   thrifty:)  Biff Cicio  57 4dr Belvee         Pistons & Rings & LOTS of effort and another 'fin er' back on the road.  Thanks