[FWDLK] Fwd: [FWDLK] A Toupee for Horrie??

I'm replying to this . So sorry guys.
--- Begin Message ---
  • From: eastern sierra Adj Services <esierraadj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2004 19:32:43 -0700
Yeah, it's (gonna be) true, after 47 years, his
OEM dash-paint is just about 'gone'--especially now (coup de grace
[SUN!] ) waiting, outside,  for his re-paint, in the merciless
un-seasonally
tropical sun/heat.

So, rather than strip-&-repaint the (upper) dash, which would involve
the R & I of the windshield, I've decided that I'll install a
Just-Dashes padded dash (on a GUY-car!!??), but FIRST, I need to score a
padded-dash passenger's-side
chromed pot-metal trim-molding-piece.

If anyone has any-old  p-m-t-m-p lying around, I'd like to buy it from
you. Condition is not very important ( 'lessen  it's NOS!), as I can get
it re-plated, easily enuf !

So; step #1: get p-m-t-m-p.

Also, if anyone has any war-stories about installing a padded dash, I'd
like to know about
'them', before I go do-batle,  on the dash!

btw, I had a carb-expert take-apart the WCFB and re-install a 'proper'
internal anti-washout bushing : he says use a 1/8" brass tube (readily
available @hardware/hobby  stores & cut it @ about 3/4", being sure to
maintain an about 1/8" gap between its top & the upper carb-section's
vacuum passage--there's lotsa 'room' beneath
the bushing--he may have slightly reamed the subject passage, to accept
the 1/8" bushing, but he said it's a very-tight fit, now, so there
shouldn't be any gas -washout, now, on sharp, uphill left-turns!!

The body shop still hasn't installed the frame donuts--but I'll let
y'all know how that lifting-&-separating procedure plays-out.--Shop said
sumthn about using a forklift............

Neil V.

--- End Message ---