[FWDLK] Reply - Where to get a 3.31:1 ratio 8 3/4" rear diff assembly?

[FWDLK] Reply - Where to get a 3.31:1 ratio 8 3/4" rear diff assembly?

Hi Lou,

First, you do not mention whether your 3:31 is a Sure-Grip, or an open rear.
Actually, makes little difference; the only thing out there, for that ratio,
is junkyard.

Vibrations are a bummer. Most obvious culprit would be the front trunion
joint on the driveshaft .  Next would be the rear u-joint.

Have you tried Randy's Gear and Pinion? http://www.ring-pinion.com/  ; they
can probably rebuild your 3:31 .

I would suggest replacing the rear with a 3:23; the difference in ratio is
slight and the difference, as far as speedo, will probably be negligible.

Sincerely
John