[FWDLK] Fwd: [FWDLK] TORSION BAR REMOVAL--HELP!

IIRC unscrew bolt all the way , car on jack stands of course, remove clip from back end of the bar, slide bar out tword back clearing the lower arm, then pull forward and out from the torsioner. -J-  (soon to be forwardlook less)

eddee <eddee@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Date: Mon, 10 May 2004 16:09:06 -0400
From: eddee
Subject: [FWDLK] TORSION BAR REMOVAL--HELP!
To: L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hello List members

Does anyone have experience in removing torsion bars???

Specifically 57/58 PLYMOUTH???
Are there any 'tricks' I should know?
I have read the service manual and it states to release the tension on the bars by unadjusting the pivot adjustment bolt.
Do you totally remove the bolt??,,or just loosen it as much as possible?

A torsion bar 'removal tool' was highlighted recently by Wayne Graefen of the list,,does anyone have experience with it?

Thanks for your help

ED ECKERSON
LI  NY
57  FURY