From: Lou [mailto:email4lou@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, May 11, 2004 12:46 PM
To: L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [FWDLK] A what?

Yeah what's with this folklore about "Dodge Desotos" ?  I have
seen/heard
guys[ who are old enough to have known them new] utter the phrase "Dodge
Desoto."

Did Chrysler not do a good enough marketing job to make the public
understand that Desoto was a more upscale brand of its own?  Is it
possible
that this image [or lack thereof]  contributed to the demise of the
brand?

Dodge Desoto.   Chrysler Imperial.   Geez.  You'd get laughed out of the
garage if you said "Oldsmobile Buick."

There is a seller on Ebay a couple weeks ago that listed a car as a 1967
Buick Park Lane.  The car was clearly a Mercury Parklane, and I might
forgive someone for initially confusing a parklane with a park avenue,
but
the LONG advertisement description kept talking about this BUICK.  In
fine
detail.  options, condition, etc.  But still, kept talking about this
BUICK.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=6144&i
tem=
2476215809&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW