[FWDLK] those 22 American cars in 1939

Hi List,

Several people responded to my quiz about the 22 American cars listed in
LIFE Magazine in 1939.  Here is LIFE's list:

Ford

Mercury

Lincoln

Lincoln Zephyr (?)

Cadillac

LaSalle

Buick

Oldsmobile

Pontiac

Chevrolet

Plymouth

Dodge

DeSoto

Chrysler

American Bantam

Hupmobile

Graham

Nash

Hudson

Packard

Studebaker

Overland

The ones in Boldface are now extinct, i.e. 11 of the 22.  It's odd that
they separated Lincoln Zephyr from the Lincoln.  I don't agree that, but
if you agree it would be 12 extinct and 10 survivors.