[FWDLK] 57 Fury paint sample needed

Hi all.
A tragedy has befallen me and my Fury, and I am hoping someone will be able to help me out.
When I dissassembled my 57 Fury for restoration, and prior to acid dipping, I had my spraypainter
come and take a color match off the car, from a location under the roofrail weatherstrip which had
never been painted.
My spraypainter has moved premises and in the move, you guessed it, he has lost my paint match
samples.
How am I going to get the correct color for a 1957 Plymouth Fury/Sand Dune White?
He says that the original paint formulas are of no use, as some of the tinters are no longer used.
The original paint chip charts are hopelessly unreliable due to differences in color from one chart
to the next, the sample of paint on the chart is too small, and also the paint color sample is now
47 years old which can change the color too. While it may look correct to the eye, the color could
be totally incorrect when applied to an entire car.
I do not want to match to an already restored car, as I am then relying on someone else's
interpretation of the color.
What can I do?
Anyone got a 1000 miles 57 Fury that they can send me their fuel filler door for a color match?  ...
:-)
There is a new device ("spectrometer" or something) apparently which you sit on a car and it analyzes the paint, but this would
have to involve a very original unmolested car to be accurate.
Any ideas anyone...?
This is a real pickle-mine is the only 57 Fury in the country, so I have no avenues to pursue in
this country.
Any help appreciated.
Glenn,
57 Fury,