Re: [FWDLK] 1959 New Yorker convertibles - How Many Left?

Re: [FWDLK] 1959 New Yorker convertibles - How Many Left?

In a message dated 5/16/2004 11:47:41 AM Eastern Daylight Time, mjh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
Of course, I know nothing about the survival rate of '59 New Yorker converts, but I have to disagree with the estimate of 40% survival rate.  I own a '57 Fury, which among Mopar lovers like us has long been recognized as a collectible car, if not among some of the general public.  According to the Golden Fin Society, which tracks numbers of remaining Furys by VIN, engine #, and body tag #, of the 7438 Furys made in '57, there are maybe 40 left today.  That includes rusted out frames in junk yards that they could confirm are real Furys, all the way to #1 show cars.  That's 5.3% survival rate.
It is my opinion that there are many more Fury's out there waiting to be registered.  For example, there is mine which didn't get recorded until a couple of years ago.
Marv